The 70th Annual Golden Globe awards air live from Hollywood Sunday night, hosted this year by NBC darlings Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Sure, seeing who wins in the big categories is fun, but the Golden Globes is one of the most fun award shows to watch because it's pretty much a giant champagne-filled shindig, consistsing of all the stars getting more and more buzzed as the night goes on. It's not a stuffy affair, it's an all-out drinking dinner party.
Here are 5 things we hope to see Sunday night.
1. Red Carpet Disasters. There's always at least one Hollywood actress that decides to take a risk at an awards show and fails miserably. We can't wait to see which A-lister will earn a spot on the Worst Dressed list for her awful (albeit brave) choice of attire.
2. Wardrobe Malfunctions. In a conference call this week, Tina Fey told reporters, "Because it's such a fun kind of sloppy night, it's not really about the host giving any kind of big comedy performance. It's our job to keep things moving and also try to get the movie stars more liquored-up so that hopefully someone's boob will fall out of a dress. That's our main role." Somebody give Sofia Vergara another glass of Moet!
3. Boozy Acceptance Speeches. Again, a LOT of champagne is served at the Golden Globes. Fey says, "Somehow, no matter what time you get there, you always just miss the food. I think it’s a scam. I don’t think they make any food… You get there, and there’s just booze on the table and a box of candy and that’s it. And all the women haven’t eaten for days, so they have half a glass of wine, and they’re gone." We're hoping someone gets all emotional-like during their acceptance speech. That would totally go viral.
4. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler battling it out for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series. Okay, there are other women in this category. Good ones, too (Lena Dunham, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Zooey Deschanel). But we're really looking forward to seeing how Tina and Amy handle the tension while playing hostesses with the mostest.
Last year, Tina Fey bombed Amy Poehler's camera shot when her name was called:
5. Whatever Amy Poehler and Tina Fey have up their sleeves. When asked about surprise guests, Fey joked, "We have the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders." Poehler added, "And we’re going to drag the cast of Cheers up there. So far, those are our two ideas."
Happy Award Show Season!