Bailey's Chocolate Cake
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- dash salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 sticks (1 c.) unsalted butter
- ½ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c. water
- ½ c. Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 eggs
- For Icing:
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) unsalted butter
- ¼ c. cocoa powder
- 6 Tbsp. Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- In a saucepan, bring butter, cocoa, and water to a boil.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add Baileys and eggs. Stir until completely mixed.
- Pour mixture into greased and floured rimmed baking pan (11x17 inches).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Start preparing icing 5 minutes before cake is done.
- For icing:
- Melt butter, cocoa powder, and Baileys in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups powdered sugar.
- Spread over hot cake.
- Cool, cut, and enjoy!
(Thank you Lemon Tree Dwelling via Pinterest)