Who doesn't love DIY videos? Here's a special treat for you! Our very own, Ryan Manno created a really fun piece to add a sweet touch to his upcoming wedding. Presenting... The donut wall! Donut walls are one of the best things to look forward to at weddings nowadays. Take your pick of any donut or donuts and enjoy the love!
Here's a simple, six-step video to create a donut wall:
You will need:
- Pegboard or plywood (You choose the size)
- Two ¼” x 36” wood dowels
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Medium sandpaper
- Wood glue
- Stainer or paint (optional)
- Drill and bits
- Paint in your favorite color
- Paint roller
- 8” x 10” chalkboard
- Fine tip chalk pen
- If you don’t have the tools you need, some hardware stores will let you rent them!
- If you prefer the look of a solid board over pegboard, you can opt for plywood as your background material. For this option, you’ll need to measure out where you want the holes (like step four below) and create them with a drill and bits that are the same diameter as your dowels.
- Ask the hardware store to cut your pegboard or plywood to your desired dimensions when you buy it. Most stores will do this at no cost.
- Put out a protective sheet or paper to keep your floor free of any dust or paint – it will drip through the holes!
Step one: Gather your supplies and prep the pegboard
Step two: Cut the wood dowels
Step three: Measure your donut placement
Step four: Insert the dowels
Step five: Add your decor and hang the donuts