Following President Donald Trump's declaration of a national emergency due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus, many businesses' have chosen to pause operations. As a result, millions of Americans are being asked to self-quarantine for at least the next week as officials work to contain the outbreak. One glance through your inbox, and you're guaranteed to see a plethora of emails from your favorite establishments, either shutting things down or expressing their commitment to safety at their open establishment.
Those quarantined in the house naturally will not be visiting the gym. And yes, while hanging out in front of the television, catching up your latest guilty binge series, it is very easy to let the calories build up.
Check out some of the best, and easiest, home workouts to do while self-quarantined. Of course, please use caution and practice safety when doing any home workouts.
1. Here's a quick 5-minute ab workout for you to try. BullyJuice combines a simple routine of leg lifts, ankle taps, and planks, to give you that 6-pack you've always wanted.
2. Looking to burn fat? Emi Wong has the perfect 15 minute routine requiring no jumping!
3. If you're a beginning and looking to get more flexible, then check out this video from Tom Merrick. The 15-minute video is slow-paced and can be good for people of all ages. One user commented that he is 65 and these videos significantly helped with his chronic back pain.
4. If you're a complete beginner, then you can try this 10-minute workout with Dani. She is great about breaking down the movements and why they help and moves at an easy pace.
5. How about giving yoga a try? This class is 30-minutes and can be enjoyed by the whole family (who's willing to fold up on a mat, of course).
6. Looking for something a bit more intense? Try a 30-minute home kickboxing workout. Best part? No equipment needed.