Have you ever wanted to live like the Queen? Or maybe dine like her? Well, we're going to help you brunch like her!
The royal family shared their secret scone recipe. Their pastry chefs from the Buckingham Palace shared the recipe for fruit scones.
In an Instagram post the royal pastry chefs wrote "Every year at Garden Parties across The Royal Residences, over 27,000 cups of tea, 20,000 sandwiches and 20,000 slices of cakes are consumed. The Royal Pastry Chefs are happy to share their recipe for fruit scones, which traditionally would be served at Buckingham Palace every summer."
Even though we might not be attending Buckingham Palace's Garden Party, we can keep practicing social distancing and eat like royalty at home!
Watch the video below!
Their Instagram post lists the ingredients and baking method:
- 500g Plain Flour
- 28g Baking Powder
- 94g Butter
- 86g Sugar
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 140ml Butter Milk
- Optional: 100g Sultanas (Cover in hot water and leave to soak for 30 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, butter, and sugar together in a bowl until a crumb is formed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk together.
- Add the liquid to the crumb mixture.
- Continue to mix the dough until it is smooth.
- Add the (optional) sultanas and mix until evenly distributed.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, flatten the dough, and cover.
- Cover and leave to rest for approximately 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2.5 cm and cut to desired shape.
- Rest the scones for another 20 minutes.
- Gently egg was the top of the scones.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool before serving with jam and clotted cream.