If you’re having a backyard BBQ this weekend for the 4th, you’ll want to pair each dish with the perfect wine!
Here are some recommendations to go with classic BBQ dishes:
- Hamburgers & Beaujolais- This is the top summer bbq wine that’s light and fresh.
- Hot dogs & Rosé- Rosé goes with all hot dog toppings!
- Grilled corn & Chardonnay- It will accent the sweet and salty flavors without over powering them.
- Ribs & Syrah- this wine will bring out the flavors of smoke and pepper.
- Grilled Seafood & Sicilian White- These Italian white wines have volcanic minerality, lemon acidity, and a touch of salinity, which pairs perfectly with seafood.
- Grilled Tofu & Champagne- For all the vegetarians and vegans out there! The bubbles in Champagne nicely contrast the texture of the tofu.
- Pork Chops & Pinot Noir- A medium-bodied red wine is a good match.
- North Carolina-Style Pulled Pork & Riesling- The sugar and acid stand up to the vinegar-based sauce.
- Memphis-Style Pulled Pork & Zinfandel- This smoky, spiced BBQ needs a “juicy, round fruit,” wine like a classic California Zinfandel.
- Steak & Cabernet Sauvignon- This is a classic pairing!