Adult beverages are well deserved after all the hard work you've done putting a lovely feast together. So here is a great idea for all adults to enjoy!
You don't have to do sugar-coated cranberries but they are highly recommended plus they make for a great sweet-tart chaser after you've taken the shot.
FOR THE CRANBERRIES
1 1/2 c.granulated sugar, divided
1 c.fresh cranberries
2(3.4-oz) packets cranberry flavored Jell-O
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water and stir until sugar dissolves completely. Let cool 20 minutes, then mix in cranberries until coated.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer cranberries, tapping away any excess syrup, into a large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining 1 cup sugar, seal, and shake until cranberries are completely coated.
- Spread out cranberries on a baking sheet and refrigerate until cranberries are completely cool and sugar hardens, 25 minutes.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add Jell-O mix and whisk until completely dissolved, then remove from heat and stir in vodka and 1 cup cold water. Let cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place 18 plastic shot glasses on a baking sheet and pour in Jell-O mixture until each is 2/3 full.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Top each shot with 1 or 2 sugared cranberries.