It's National Candy Corn Day . . ..
A website just conducted a poll where they asked people if they LOVE or HATE various Halloween candies . . . and candy corn did NOT do the worst.
They only asked about the CONTROVERSIAL ones . . . not stuff like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, which everyone loves.
Here's the list, from most-hated to . . . less-hated:
1. Peeps, 52% of people hate them.
2. Jawbreakers, 45% hate them
3. Dots, 44% hate them
4. Atomic Fireballs, 44% hate them
5. Red Hots, 43% hate them. Spicy candies don't seem to be popular.
6. Candy corn, 42%. For the record, 45% said they LOVE candy corn, and the other 13% claimed they've never had it.
7. Hot Tamales, 41% hate them
8. Jelly Beans, 35% hate them
9. Almond Joy, 34% hate them. Almond Joys got hate, Mounds don't?
10. Lemonheads, 30% hate them
11. Tootsie Rolls, 30% hate them
12. Nik-L-Nip wax bottles, 30% hate them.
13. Smarties, 28% hate them
14. Mentos, 27% hate them.
15. Cadbury Creme Eggs, 28% hate them. There ARE Halloween versions of these and Peeps . . . but they're still an odd fit for this list.
16. Dubble Bubble, 27% hate them
17. Laffy Taffy, 26% hate them
18. Bit-o-Honey, 26% hate them
19. Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins, 23% hate them.