The Family Medical Leave Act allows new moms to have up to 12 weeks of maternity leave. Depending on your employer, that could be paid, fully or partially. There are only a few companies that offer paid leave for fathers.
That's probably why Dove has stepped in to help new dads take care of their young families. Over the next two years, Dove's Paternity Leave Fund is committing $1 million for dads across America.
Their website says "Our fund will extend $5,000 grants to dads without access to paid leave so they can spend time with their children and show how paternity leave benefits families, workplaces and communities."
To apply, click here. There will be some questions to answer, like:
• If you receive the grant, how much paternity leave do you plan to take? What do you hope to accomplish during your paternity leave and why?
• What does being a caring dad mean to you today, and what do you want your legacy as a caring dad to be?
You also have to take this pledge.
There are some rules:
• You're expecting a child as of your contest date of entry.
• You have a child who is no more than 8 months old as of your entry date.
• You're in the process of adopting a child as of your entry date.
• You've adopted a child within eight months of your date of entry.
Grant submissions are being accepted now through Dec. 31, 2020.
I hope this helps! And happy new-Father's Day!