As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, the need for blood donations has not abated. That's why the California-based furniture retailer Living Spaces have announced it would host several pop-up blood drives across seven of the store's California locations through the end of October.
The blood drives are being hosted with the retailer's national partnership with the American Red Cross at several Living Spaces stores across California. Participants who donate will also receive a free COVID-19 antibody test with those test results to be provided in the week to follow.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, walk-up appointments will not be available. Those wishing to donate should visit Redcrossblood.org and use the sponsor code LIVING SPACES.
"Donated blood has a limited shelf life, and coupled with the world's current pandemic, the need for more donations is paramount," said Living Spaces CEO Grover Geiselman. "We're proud to continue our partnership with the Red Cross through hosting these blood drives for the betterment of our local communities."
The days and locations for each blood drive are as follows:
- September 30: Mid City Location(4801 Venice Boulevard)
- October 19: Van Nuys Location(14400Arminta Street)
- October 20: Rancho Cucamonga Location(12649 Foothill Boulevard)
- October 20: Irvine Location(101 Technology Drive)
- October 21: Menifee Location(30251 Antelope Road)
- October 21: Monrovia Location(407 W Huntington Drive)
- October 22: La Mirada Location(14501 Artesia Boulevard)
- October 23: La Mirada Location(14501 Artesia Boulevard)
Participants who wish to determine if they're eligible to donate should view the following link:https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/how-to-donate/eligibility-requirements.html
Photo: Getty Images