Chris Pratt received the Generation Award at the 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards that aired on Monday night and used his speech as an opportunity to share some wisdom with the event’s younger viewers. Taking his responsibility as a generational icon seriously, Pratt instilled some wisdom.
“I’m going to cut to the chase and I am going to speak to you, the next generation,” Pratt said. “I accept the responsibility as your elder. So, listen up.”
Here are Chris Pratt’s Nine Rules for Living:
1. “Breathe. If you don’t you will suffocate.”
2. “You have a soul. Be careful with it.”
3. "Don't be a turd. If you are strong, be a protector. If you are smart, be a humble influencer. Strength and intelligence can be weapons, so do not wield them against the weak. That makes you a bully. Be bigger than that."
4. "When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger and they won't even know they're eating medicine."
5. "It doesn't matter what it is. Earn it. A good deed. Reach out to someone in pain. Be of service. It feels good and it's good for your soul."
6. "God is real. God loves you, God wants the best for you. Believe that, I do."
7. "If you have to poop at a party, but you're embarrassed because you're going to stink up the bathroom, just do what I do. Lock the door, sit down, get all of the pee out first. And then, once all the pee is done, poop, flush, boom! You minimize the amount of time that the poop's touching the air. Because if you poop first, it takes you longer to pee and then you're peeing on top of it, stirring up the poop particles, create a cloud, goes out, then everyone at the party will know that you pooped. Just trust me, it's science."
8. "Learn to pray. It's easy, and it is so good for your soul."
9. "Nobody is perfect. People will tell you that you are perfect just the way that you are, you are not! You are imperfect. You always will be, but there is a powerful force that designed you that way, and if you are willing to accept that, you will have grace. And grace is a gift. Like the freedom that we enjoy in this country, that grace was paid for with somebody else's blood. Do not forget that. Don't take that for granted."
After the MTV Movie Awards was filmed, Chris Pratt was seen Sunday June 19th, with Katherine Schwarzenegger. The two were out and about casually eating chips and sandwiches on a bench in Santa Barbara. Chris was a total gentlemen and picked up Katherine at her place and drove her up the coast for their flirty outing. This marks the first time we've seen Chris on a full-fledged date since his split from Anna Faris in December.
Whatever they're status, the two look like they are enjoying each other's company.