The Golden State Stimulus is another one-time payment for Californians.
You could receive either $600 or $1,200. According to the California Franchise Tax Board, the Golden State Stimulus aims to support low-income Californians and help those having a hard time due to COVID. If you meet the qualifications, you'll receive a one-time payment of $600 or $1,200 depending on your yearly income and qualifications.
The requirements for the Golden State Stimulus Checks are:
- You are not eligible to be claimed as a dependent
- You are an individual taxpayer identification number filer who made $75,000 or less or you are a California earned income tax credit recipient
- You lived in California for more than half of the 2020 tax year
- You are a California resident on the date the payment is issued
- You must have filed your 2020 taxes